From: Gary Buckmaster [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 5:51 AM
To: Wade Blackwell; support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] Who has some good numbers to share for load
balancing?

Wade,

I'm responding to the list as well so that other folks can get the benefit
of this conversation.

We use pfSense in a CARP cluster configuration for load balancing because we
cannot afford any downtime.  Our server pool is tied to a virtual server
address which is actually a CARP type VIP shared between our two pfSense
boxes.  This configuration works very well for us and helped us replace two
Cisco LocalDirector boxes saving us a whole bunch of rack space, and giving
us access to far more detailed reporting of what was going on with that
portion of our network.

-Gary

Wade Blackwell wrote:
> Thanks Gary,
>       That is precisely what I will be using the LB for as well.  If we go
> this route we will be purchasing support through Centipede as well.
Another