From: Chris Buechler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 6:02 PM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] CP Issue

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 12:48 PM, Tim Dickson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I did state Squid was in there ;)
>  ... "I have squid setup with defaults (non transparent) on LAN ONLY I
>
> have lightsquid installed for reporting"
>
>  So, anything else to try? I'm willing to help the cause if you have any
>  ideas...

Squid can only use the primary WAN at this time (services on localhost
strictly obey the system routing table), so it won't load balance
regardless. Though route-to rules should bypass Squid and let you load
balance, they also bypass CP. Aside from manually hacking the pf and
ipfw rules to figure out what's really going on with ipfw and pf
route-to rules, I don't have any suggestions at this point. It is
something I'm going to look into eventually.