I stuck a 60GB hard drive in a NET5501 and run the full install.  Works
beautifully and I'm not worried about killing my CF card.  Maybe Patrick is
doing the same or could do the same if he is not.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris
Buechler
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 3:11 AM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] monitoring bandwidth usage of individual lan
addresses

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 3:07 AM, David Rees <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 5:43 PM, Daniel Lloyd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> The bandwithd package does just that.
>
> But he's running on a ALIX board, isn't he most likely using the
> embedded version which does not support packages?

Ah, missed that. No way currently to run packages on embedded, it's
not capable of saving data for things of this nature because of the
limits of CF. Some people do full installs on CF and run that way,
it's not recommended because theoretically it'll kill your CF. In
practice, I know of a number of people running that way and have yet
to hear from one who killed a CF card.