> I think we would be looking more for
> Advanced -> Misc -> Bypass firewall rules for traffic on the same interface.

I am far from a pf wizard, but the following is the rule created
without that checkbox:

pass in quick on fxp0 inet from any to 192.168.1.1 keep state label
"anti-lockout web rule"

Unless I'm way off-base, that says "allow anything from the LAN
interface to the router's IP".  It's not port-based.

Furthermore, the comment before the implementation of option you
espouse (in /etc/inc/filter.inc) reads thus:

/* pass traffic between statically routed subnets and the subnet on the
   interface in question to avoid problems with complicated routing
   topologies */

I do not think that means what you think it means.