Hi Jose,

As what I understand, 1% is the minimum allocated bandwidth. If the remaining 99% is not used by other queues, this queue may still use up all 100% of the bandwidth.

In the implementation, if no queues are defined with upper limit, all 100% bandwidth may still be used up. On the other hand, if all queues are defined with upper limits, and the total of upper limit is not 100%, you will then have unused or unallocated bandwidth.

Kelvin

Jose Hernandez wrote:
Hi there,

I have just ran the Traffic shaper wizard and I have a doubt about the queues generated and the bandwidth assigned to the different queues. Considering the wan queues and the bandwidth assigned to them, qwandef(1%), qwanacks(25%), qPenaltyUp(1%), qOthersUpH(25%) and qOthersUpL(1%), I don’t understand how the whole bandwidth available is used as adding up the percentages (53%) doesn’t cover the 100% of the bandwidth available.

The only explanation I can think of is if the 1% bandwidth means as much bandwidth as left by the other queues, is this the case?

If not, could someone please, explain a bit to me how does this work?

Best regards,

Jose Hernandez The contents of this e-mail and any attachments/inserts are strictly confidential and sent for the attention of the addressee/s only. This e-mail might contain confidential and/or privileged material therefore if you are not the addressee/s, any distribution, review, disclosure, copying or other use of this e-mail and any attachments/inserts is prohibited without written provision. If received in error, please advise the sender and delete it from your system immediately. Statements and opinions expressed may not represent those of Rants Ltd and any representations or commitments in this email are subject to contract.

Rants Ltd (trading as VidZone)