I guess this will be my last question on Alix...

I have bought myself a CF HDD (8GB) (some months ago), and tried to install it on a regular mainboard... but FreeBSD does not seem to like this kind of setup... as a result, it won't boot up when using an ATA/CF convertor... tried with an external USB card reader, which just seems to work with a CF HDD, but not this ATA/CF convertor.

What if I try this CF/HDD into an Alix board... can I have the same issue - or in other words, do you guys have a working setup on an Alix board with a CF/HDD with pfSense/Full ?? (and if the CF/HDD is plugged into the regular CF slot).

This is kind offtopic, since it has nothing to do with pfSense - it's merely the FreeBSD version not wanting to run on CF/HDD into a convertor...