Jan Zorz wrote:

Currently none of the developers has an IPv6 network with which to do testing.
IPv6 lab network can be very easily setup, if you know how to do it. No expensive hardware involved, just a bunch od bsd and linux boxes, some IPv6 daemons and a tunnel to IPv6 broker, if there is no native IPv6 connectivity.

How hard can it be?

It's not hard (to setup the test network at least), it's a matter of priority. None of us care enough to do that when we have no practical use for IPv6, and when there are numerous other things on the road map that we do want that we don't have time to accomplish as is.

Of course it will have to be supported eventually, but at this time it is not a priority. If it is for you, we welcome patches with IPv6 support.