Hi,

I have used pfSense for about 4 months now at our office, and must say it is just great what you guys are doing... Today a collegue of mine, came to me asking what about authenticating... sure I said, use a captive portal... but then it struck me, this would allow the IP of the machine to go to the internet... so what about a terminal server, as soon one user logs on, the whole machine is allowed to the internet ofcourse...

Can I use pfSense to do authentication on a per user base (I am guessing that I should disable transparent proxy, and forcebly go via proxy) - but I need to be able to give a proof of concept... tomorrow I am going to try my homebox (equipped with monowall) to upgrade with pfSense, and see what the possibilities are - but maybe someone of you can shed some light on this question for me ?)

Kind regards,
Michel