Hello,

We have servers on our SHARED_DMZ interface and we would like to give priority to http requests to those servers from our web server over all other traffic. The bandwidth usage is tiny, a few kbits every few minutes. These series of http requests execute within 15 -20 seconds during low network usage from but can take up to a minute if our inbound traffic is at maximum, for instance if several downloads are happening at once. We need to give these requests the highest priority.

Also, we are considering running a fail-over production webserver on our DMZ as well. Traffic to both these servers would need to be higher priority than web browsing traffic from our corporate LAN.

Is this something that can be done with PF Traffic Shaping?

Any suggestions of setting up traffic shaping to give external http requests to internal servers on the DMZ a higher priority over internal requests from the LAN to external servers on the Internet?

- Joel