On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 11:58 PM, JarekVB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello List.
>
> Here is my situation. I have been using pfSense for the last year and
> didn't have any problems till about 2 months ago.
> I change a job and decided that I needed to renew my IP to make sure
> that my co-worker does not get in to my computer.
>
> After the renew (and several re-installs) I'm not able to connect to my
> computer using VNC or in fact not even connect to my Web Server that i
> setup.
>
> In the NAT settings I have
> Port Forward Tab:
>
> If  | Proto | Ext. port range | NAT IP                   | Int. port
> range | Description
> ----+-------+-----------------+--------------------------+-----------------+------------
> WAN |  TCP  | 80 (HTTP)       | 192.168.1.3(ext.: any)   | 80 (HTTP)
> |

> My Rules WAS tab:
>
> Proto | Source     | Port      | Destination | Port      | Gateway |
> Schedule | Description
> TCP   |WAN address | 80 (HTTP) | 192.168.1.3 | 80 (HTTP) | *       |
> | NAT

This means that only traffic sourced from your WAN IP address using
source port 80 can access the port forward. Source IP is going to be
the public IP you're coming from on the Internet, not your WAN IP.
Source port is going to be in the ephemeral port range, 1024-65535.

Fix the firewall rule and it'll work.