I have the traffic shaper setup to limit all traffic to a particular ip (penalty ip in the wizard). However, when the remote end is using passive mode to connect to the FTP server on this ip the traffic is not restricted.

Is there any way to do this? The IP has a virtual ip (public ip). I have the shaper set to limit the internal ip and the external ip (both are part of an alias) This works great for active (port) FTP.

I believe that this used to work fine, until I enabled OpenVPN and started getting these ftpsesame errors:

ftpsesame[97547]: drop: short capture

I have posted these to the list a couple times, and nobody seemed to know what they were. Google doesn't help much either.

Any thoughts?

--
Joe Laffey                |       Visual Effects for Film and Video
LAFFEY Computer Imaging   |     -------------------------------------