yes, there are reasons and it must be encrypted.

thanks,

-phil

On Oct 14, 2008, at 5:11 PM, Gary Buckmaster wrote:

Is there a particular reason you need this traffic to be encapsulated? At first blush, this would seem to be a pretty standard routing problem, easily solvable with static routes. Unless there's some very specific reason for needing the encryption.

-Gary

BSD Wiz wrote:
it's on my corporate network, both wan interfaces of the pfsense box are on the same private ip subnet. we built 2 labs using pfsense and now we want to connect the two labs. i haven't had any luck getting them to work yet... the reason i've asked the question is because i have several site to site vpn's over the internet up and running and never had any problems with them but i can't get this lan setup to work. so if i know it's should work i'll keep playing with it.

thanks,

-phil