On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Wade Blackwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Good afternoon all,
>   I have 1.2 stable installed on an ancient PII-450 (old Netserver). The
> redeeming factor is a Broadcom crypto card. I looked through dmesg and the
> logs and I can't figure out of the systems sees the card. What should I see
> in the logs if the card is recognized and properly initialized? Is there a
> widget for it in the webUI anywhere? Thanks.

On the status screen you see when you log into the pfSense GUI, if it
recognizes your card and can use it, will have a line that reads "Hardware
crypto" right below platform and above uptime.  It will identify the crypto
chip it found.  Usually it is some variant of "hifn" as those are extremely
popular.  I'm not sure if the broadcom cards use their own chips or the hifn
chips.