The flashing amber lights on the Dell servers typically indicate a hardware
issue... Unless your box has a nice little LCD like the 26xx, or 29xx series,
you'll probably have to run the Dell diagnostics. On my 2650s, they scroll the
error code across the LCD.

A note aside... you have a failover box available in case this box dies... but
you don't want to take the box down on purpose to boot the OM software? I'm
confused... :-) Wouldn't you want a controlled "failure" of the primary
hardware instead of a random failure where the failover process could get
botched? Just my $0.02 USD ...

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.
(218)727-4332 x105

----- "Curtis LaMasters" wrote:
> I have a flashing amber light on one of my Dell 1750 firewalls (they are
> failover so I'm not terribly worried). What would be the best way to go about
> monitoring these devices? How do I figure out what is currently wrong without
> booting into the Dell management software. I do have a Nagios box on the
> network if that would help.

Curtis LaMasters