From: Chris Buechler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 8:06 PM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] Captive portal locking up?

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Atkins, Dwane P <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> We are currently using 1.2 RC1 on a Dell Power Edge R200 and 1.2
Release on
> a Dell Power Edge 860.
>

> In the last couple of weeks, the devices has stopped working for those
who
> are NOT already connected.  If you are connected, you maintain the
> capability to gain access.  Each time I have gone to the device, we
receive
> and error message:
>

> IPFW2; Ipv6- unknown extension number (5), ext-hd eq 2

You sure that's the exact message? That would make you the only person
to ever get that message on FreeBSD or pfSense - google doesn't know
about it.

Any other potentially relevant messages in your logs?

For lack of any better ideas, I would try upgrading one to 1.2.1 to
see if that makes any difference. Might be some kind of odd ipfw issue
that doesn't exist in FreeBSD 7.0.