I recently upgraded a site to 1.2.1 and had some problems with inbound
FTP afterwards.

In doing my troubleshooting, I noticed that the pftpx daemon never
starts on the WAN interface - regardless if the "Disable FTP Helper"
setting.

I looked at the system_start_ftp_helpers function in
/etc/inc/config.inc, but it doesn't seem to add the WAN interface to
the array it uses to start the daemons. So the question is - should
the FTP helper run on the WAN interface, or does it not run on the WAN
interface by design?

The install is a dual WAN setup which uses PPPOE on the WAN and static
IP address assignments on the OPT1 and LAN interfaces.

-Dave