I'm not sure about an RC installation but when 1.2.1 was recently released, I
simply did an upgrade with no problems at all from 1.2. The system rebooted and
all services came online as expected, except slightly faster IIRC. :-)

Before upgrading, make sure you download a backup of your config file and keep
reinstallation media handy in case you need to do a bare-metal installation. On
my recent upgrades from 1.2, I had an install CD for 1.2 (original platform) as
well as 1.2.1 (upgraded platform) to be sure.

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.
(218)727-4332 x105