From: Chris Buechler [mailto:cbuech...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 10:33 AM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] pfsense 1.2.1 wizard bug

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 8:22 AM, Christopher Iarocci <ciaro...@tfop.net>
wrote:
> I found that the bogon networks in 1.2.1 include at least one legit
network.
> I found out the hard way when one of my VPN tunnels wouldn't establish and
> it drove me crazy for hours.  Turned out unclicking the bogon network
option
> fixed it.  After realizing that that particular network couldn't
communicate
> with mine at all, then I looked towards the bogon network option.  I feel
> this option should at least list the networks affected so one can see
> exactly what they are blocking.

No reason that should have taken hours, always check your firewall
logs when something doesn't work.

The list is auto updated monthly if your firewall can get to the
Internet. Clean installs aren't immediately updated.

Send me what IP was listed there that shouldn't be and I'll make sure
it isn't in the list. Every time I've checked on that for someone
else, it had been removed months prior and their firewall didn't have
DNS configured so it couldn't update.