PEBKAC is the motto of the day I guess

problem exists between keyboard and chair

Glenn

On Jan 14, 2009, at 9:02 AM, Christopher Iarocci wrote:

I'm embarrassed to write this, and I'm having trouble finding someone to lend me a gun, but you were right. The PPTP server was enabled on my side causing the problem.

Christopher Iarocci
Network Solutions Manager
Twin Forks Office Products
631-727-3354

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Nelson [mailto:tnel...@rockbochs.com]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 9:56 AM
To: support@pfsense.com
Cc: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] Multi-WAN PPTP?

Is the PPTP server enabled on the 'other' pfSense firewall where the clients are connecting *FROM*? That may be your problem... see here: http://www.pfsense.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40&Itemid=43
'
Specifically this text:

Limitations
* Because of limitations in pf NAT, when the PPTP Server is enabled, PPTP clients cannot use the same public IP for outbound PPTP connections. This means if you have only one public IP, and use the PPTP Server, PPTP clients inside your network will not work. The work around is to use a second public IP with Advanced Outbound NAT for your internal clients. See also the PPTP limitation under NAT on this page.

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.
(218)727-4332 x105

----- "Christopher Iarocci" <ciaro...@tfop.net> wrote:

Tried putting an unused LAN IP in the server field, no difference
whatsoever.  It gives me the same exact errors on the client side and
in the
PFSense logs. Anything else I can try? Just as an FYI, the clients I
am
testing with are XP Pro and Vista Ultimate.  Both are behind another
PFSense
firewall.  I only try a single machine at any one time.  I can't get
my head
wrapped around the fact that it used to work like a charm with the
same
exact config.  I even went back into previously saved configs and
compared
them and there is no difference.  It worked with this config as
recently as
12/29/07 (last PPTP log entry).

Christopher Iarocci
Network Solutions Manager