On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 16:35, Thomas Elsgaard <thomas.elsga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have just configured pf sense to do traffic shaping in our network, and i
> hoped that the "p2pcatch all" could detect the p2p traffic from the linux
> transmission p2p client, but unfortunately this traffic is going into the
> default que..
>
> By looking i the wireshark traces, it's really hard to detect the p2p
> traffic :-(

Yes, it is.  There aren't many options to "defeat" the many mechanisms
p2p uses to bypass restrictions short of enacting very strict
controls.  If you can clearly define what traffic should not be
shaped, you'll be better off, but generally speaking it's impossible
to fully control p2p without going to a deny-all stance.