I have done a little experimenting with this over the past few hours (while
dodging IT requests, I am sure most of you are familiar).  I setup a VLAN
interface that is off of the LAN interface to put the email server in a DMZ.
I then created a rule that will look for my workstation as a source IP and
the Source PORT of 25 and forward them to the new VLAN subnet/machine on
port 25.
Admitantly, I am a little confused by this, as I had always thought that the
source PORT range would most likely not be the port I was trying to match as
most programs generate a higher port on the client side then establish a
connection to the server. Am I wrong?

What more information can I provide that would help me understand what is
going on, and/or fix this issue?

-Joel Robison