Am 09.03.2009 um 01:30 schrieb Leon Strong:

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there's an Rsync package or a "best practise" for backing up the configuration of the pfsense boxes nightly?

I'd like to roll the pfsense machines into our standard backup system which uses rsync, can i just add the bsd rysnc packages and setup the ssh keys like normal on pfsense? or is there a better/more supported way of doing this?

Regards,

Leon.

I think, you don't really need to backup everything (how would you restore that, anyway - AFAIK, there are no off-the-shelf bare-metal recovery solutions for FreeBSD...)

http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Remote_Config_Backup

In case it crashes/breaks/burns, reinstall and re-upload the config.

Rainer