Joseph L. Casale schrieb:
> I am about to order hardware to make my first embedded system and am
> thinking of an ALIX.2D3 as it covers port wise all that I need.
>
> This will function for a very small lan <10 clients, are there any opinions
> anyone can share about possibly better choices or more reliable setups?
>
> Thanks for any points!
> jlc

It's enough if you don't need more that:

http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php/topic,12766.0.html

Ten users is nothing (provided they don't all open 10000 P2P
connections) or your internet-pipe is actually full 100Mbit/s.

Also, the limitations apply to systems in the DMZ, too (which is a bit
more serious, but expected).
So, if you mail-server sits in the DMZ and people connect to it from LAN
and WAN, pfSense might be the bottleneck.

Rainer