2009/6/19 Matias Surdi <matiassu...@gmail.com>

> Mark R wrote:
>
>> Did you set up forwarding of requests to lo0 from the LAN?
>>
>> Is tinydns configured to respond to queries from your subnet?
>>
>> 2009/6/19 Matias Surdi <matiassu...@gmail.com <mailto:
>> matiassu...@gmail.com>>
>>
>>    I've installed the TinyDNS package. It's listening on 127.0.0.1.
>>    Then I've setup the DNS forwarder to resolve a certain domain
>>    against the authoritative name server 127.0.0.1.
>>
>>    This doesn't work when making queries from the lan. The request gets
>>    to the forwarder but then it's lost and there is no traffic on
>>    lo0.Instead, if I do a DNS query from the pfSense box itself to
>>    127.0.0.1 then there is traffic on lo0 and the DNS works Ok.
>>
>>    I think that there is any default pfSense rule prohibiting the traffic.
>>

>>    Is this the supposed way to work of TinyDNS and the forwarder or I'm
>>    missing something?
>>

>>    Thanks!

>>    For additional commands, e-mail:
>>    support-h...@pfsense.com
>>    <mailto:support-h...@pfsense.com>
>>
>>    Commercial support available - https://portal.pfsense.org
>>

> Yes, I've setup a rule to allow *everything* from the lan with destination
> port udp 53.

            you allow traffic. But do you rdr it? Otherwise how will it get
to 127.0.0.1 port 53
             I think this is why it works locally and on the pfsense box and
not for the LAN.

> And no, I want tinyDNS to listen only in 127.0.0.1 and then the DNS
> Forwarder to forward request for just one subdomain.

             I might be wrong. Long time since I set it up. But I think
tinydns needs to be told
             respond to dns queries from your LAN, otherwise it will ignore
them.