On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Joe Laffey<j...@laffey.tv> wrote:

> While I forgot to look when it happened, this was one of my thoughts, as
> well. But then I thought to myself, wouldn't this cause connections from the
> LAN to the WAN to fail as well? Or is the state table subdivided equally
> between the interfaces, and not shared, or something?

That was the first thing that came to mind for me as well, but if new
connections on other interfaces work, and connections from that
interface to LAN work, that isn't it. Existing connections would
continue to function. You can check state history under Status -> RRD
graphs.

If it recurs, time to break out tcpdump and see what's really
happening. There are any number of possibilities. If the traffic is
getting NATed to a VIP, it could be related to that.