Hello,

I know pfSense has it's Embedded edition/setup, but I have a bit of a
predicament. I have an architecture-wise "plain" x86 PC but which does not have
a keyboard, video, NOR a COM port. Without any way to give input to the device
I can't configure pfSense.

What would work really nicely is if pfSense would just "pick" the LAN and WAN
interfaces for me, without input, and if I need to I can adjust them through
the webUI. This would save a whole lot of hassle in general anway, I think with
having to initially configure. I know the WRAP and SOEKRIS boards are
out-of-the-box ready but it seems like some simple code to look at the
available interfaces and simply enable the first found as the LAN (optionally
the second as the WAN) and off you go. For reference this is a Toshiba Magnia
SG20 with an fxp0 and also an re0 directly connected to a built-in 8-port
Ethernet switch (with a PC Card-slot, too).

Are there plans to support this (a "no external-input"/appliance device)? I'm
currently struggling with how to manually change the config to match the NICs
in the box -- a time consuming process. Should I submit a feature request to
Redmine or some other process?

Thanks,
- Jesse

P.S. Please reply-all as I subscribe to the digest and may not immediately see
replys. Thanks.