David Rees wrote:
On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 10:31 AM, <iggd...@gmail.com> wrote:
Unfortunately Gmail top posts by default.  So expecting bottom posting to be
and to remain the default behavior may be an exercise in futility.  proper
ettiquite or not, some people just bang off replies and figure everything is
a-ok.  This being a reason, not an excuse.

Yes - bottom posting takes a bit of work.  But on a high volume
mailing list or if you receive a lot of mail, a little bit of context
goes a LONG way.

And while we're talking about it - Trim your messages, too!

Only leave the relevant portion of the original email in the message -
so that means trimming the list-footer off the message.

Again - it takes a bit of work, but it really makes reading mailing
lists a LOT easier.

Try it for a bit - once you do, you'll realize how much better it is.

-Dave

Can we please knock this crap off now? The 5 people in the world who care about top posting have made their point, the 5 people in the world who think that top posting is perfectly valid seem to be willing to abide by your particular brand of netiquette naziism and the rest of the world is going to continue to join this list, top post, bottom post, send emails with return receipt requests, send emails entirely composed of HTML, reply to emails belonging to other threads and generally do whatever they feel like doing. If you really feel *this* strongly about mailing list etiquette perhaps now would be a good time to re-examine your life. I think its safe to say that the rest of us are tired of your spam.