----- "Lyle Giese" <l...@lcrcomputer.net> wrote:
I have only one client computer at location A trying to connect to location B
and was the only one trying to connect to location B during testing. I can not
from location A with no problem(until I converted B to pfSense). This note
specifically seems to indicate one session should be supported.

---

Ooops, well, it seems your problem *IS* related to the PPTP/GRE bug with NAT
but it wasn't spelled out in that link I sent. Sorry. :-)

The issue is that when you have the PPTP server enabled on the local device,
outbound PPTP connections will fail. I bet if you disable PPTP(and clear your
state tables) at the location you're initiating the outbound PPTP connection
from, the connection will work just fine. You'll still have that single session
limit though.

If you're going to have mutiple connections from each site to the other site,
you may want to look at a "site to site" connection using OpenVPN or IPSEC
where the VPN sessions termiate on the routers themselves. Otherwise, if you
just really need end-user access, OpenVPN can't be beat for reliability and
performance. Plus, there are no odd firewall limitations.

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.
(218)727-4332 x105