On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 4:11 AM, Kevin Kimani<kevinkim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I have both rules (NAT port forward and firewall rule) in place since
> when you create a port forward rule, there is a check box to
> automatically create the new rule in the WAN interface. I have even
> tried re-arranging them since the order matters i think.
> I have used the documentation but still it persists not to work

Time to get some packet captures then. First on WAN, does it show up
there? Next on LAN (or which ever inside interface contains the mail
server), does it show up there?

If you have that public IP directly assigned to the server right now,
when you switch that IP over to the firewall (you have a virtual IP
for that, right?) the upstream router's ARP cache is likely going to
prevent things from working after the switch to the firewall's MAC.