On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Ian Levesque<i...@crystal.harvard.edu> wrote:

> I'm still on 1.2.1 and am waiting to upgrade with the final 1.2.3 release.
> If I make a change to /etc/inc/filter.inc now, it would be lost when I
> upgraded pfSense, correct? I just want to avoid getting hit with this again
> after the 1.2.3 release is installed (at which point, this network bridging
> will be live).

Yes, it will be lost. It's reasonably easy to pull in that diff though.
https://rcs.pfsense.org/projects/pfsense/repos/mainline/commits/efefb2a1e860d082a6024b7c6b67c646b1e8aa6e

actually just need that one line filter.inc change and manually add
<disablereplyto/> line under <filter> to your config. The filter.inc
will get overwritten when you upgrade, but with the same thing so it
won't matter.

> Indeed, I knew that the solution would break multi-WAN so I wasn't hopeful
> that there'd even be a solution in pfSense. I'm happy to hear that you've
> added the ability to effectively disable reply-to. Many thanks, I've been
> recommending pfSense heartily for the past year and I'm glad that I can
> continue to use it for our needs.

We'll have a solution of some sort in case anyone needs to combine
static routes like that and multi-WAN, that's a rare scenario though,
and not an easy nut to crack, so it'll be 2.0 at soonest.