I have some Igel thin clients that are at remote sites.  I use a pfsense router
at these sites and there is a vpn from that router to my main pfsense router.
I recently switched from Ipsec to OpenVPN for these sites so I could access
multiple subnets.

Once I did this ,I started to get frequent disconnects, they seemed to be
somewhat random, but consistantly interupted the connection with a half hour or
so.  The terminal would have an ICA session and just drop the connection, if I
ran a ping from the terminal, it never faltered.

The solution seems to be to change the MTU on the terminal to 1400, this allows
for the MTU overhead of 40 for citrix and 60 for the VPN (as far as I
understand).

I am posting this in the hope someone else will find it useful, and if anyone
has input or suggestions.

This problem doesn't seem to affect the PC's or Wyse terminals, which is good
since I can't change the MTU on the wyse terminals.

Paul Borowicz
BehaviorCorp Network Administrator
(317) 587-0521