Greetings. Have a newbie question on carp and fail over setup. I have searched and searched around, but my googlefu must be weak as most of what I've found covers multi-WAN and load balancing, which is not what I'm after.

I have looked at the following:

http://files.chi.pfsense.org/mirror/tutorials/carp/carp-cluster-new.htm
Out of date

http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Configuring_pfSense_Hardware_Redundancy_(CARP)
Has a lot of info, but doesn't answer all my questions and concerns

I'm on a comcast business account, five statics using AON. All five statics have traffic coming from them (DNS, mail, etc). At this time, I have four of the five WAN IP's set up as proxy ARP, with the fifth address assigned to the physical interface itself.

If I understand what docs I can find on this, I have to assign the pri and fail over boxes their own IP, both public and private, with one assigned as the default address.

To set this up, I have to assign all five WAN addresses as CARP addresses, yes? So instead of four proxy ARP addresses, I will have five CARP Virtual IP addresses defined, am I understanding this correctly?

And this will not affect the AON and inbound port forwarding rules, correct?