-----Original Message-----
From: Curtis LaMasters [mailto:curtislamast...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 5:50 AM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] 192.0.2.112

I'm not sure how the dynamic dns daemon works on pf, however I could
possibly understand this issue if the ISP was doing NAT with their
cable/dsl modem and passing off a private IP range to your WAN
interface.  What IP is assigned to the WAN?

Curtis LaMasters
http://www.curtis-lamasters.com
http://www.builtnetworks.com

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 5:52 AM, Fuchs, Martin
<martin.fu...@trendchiller.com> wrote:
> Hi !
>

> A friend of mine has a strange problem: everytime he reboots his pfsense
his
> dyndns updates with 192.0.2.112
>

> He had this problem with 1.2.2 and now updatet to 1.2.3 RC3 and it still
> exists.
>

> Anyone hast he same issues ?
>

> Any ideas ?
>

> Regards,
>

> Martin

Yep, I've had a few modems that do this... they start with the private
subnet until assigned the IP from the ISP - then it switches.
I'm guessing it's for diagnosing the line - but is just a pain in the hind
One of our sites opted for the $5 static IP... the other just waited for it
to update... not sure if there is another way around it.