On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Borowicz, Paul
<pborow...@behaviorcorp.org> wrote:
> I am 1.2.3-RC3
> built on Mon Sep 14 02:04:35 UTC 2009
>
> I have a DMZ, WAN, and LAN on this box.  I have been getting bleed through
> from the DMZ to the LAN and vice versa.
>
> I have a WAN rule, all stars except destinaition is DMZ net
>
> I have two DMZ rules, the are both applied to source DMZ net, one blocks an
> alias I have defind called internal_subnets and one allows anything except
> things destined for internal_subnets.
>
> I also had a rule on the lan that blocks anything destined for 10.1.1.0/24
> (my dmz subnet), it did not work until I changed it to block DMZ net.
>
> Is this a bug where the subnets are not being recognized in the firewall
> interface?

No, something not right with your rules, or how you're testing them.
For example, a constant ping won't get dropped when you add a block
rule since it has an existing state. Once you stop it, wait a few
seconds, and start it again, it will get blocked. Or kill the state
manually under Diagnostics -> States.

> A curious thing is that I can now not ping 10.1.1.4 from a computer plugged
> into the LAN, but I can ping it from the diagnostics ping interface if I
> source the ping from the LAN interface.

Rules don't apply to traffic initiated from the firewall.

Since you're a support customer, please open a new ticket attaching a
copy of your configuration and we'll check it out.