Morgan Reed wrote:
On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 13:12, Ugo Bellavance <u...@lubik.ca> wrote:
       To set replace an old pfsense box, I bought a PC with an Intel
Pro/1000 NIC onboard (em).  In my inventory, I have a 3com 905 (xl) and a
Dlink 538-tx (rl).  Which one of th 3com or Dlink should I use to make sure
I have the best performance?  The setup is 1 wan (internet), 1 NIC for
inside networks, with 3 vlans.  I'm using the traffic shaper and BandwidthD.

I'm extremely prejudiced against Realtek (rl) cards because of the
grief I've had with them the past, personally I would toss the rl in
the bin and use the xl, better yet I'd find another em card and use
that ;oD.

I wasn't sure if rl was Realtek, but I agree on your statement. The firewall will have 30 mbps throughput max, would I still benefit from the em card? I could also use the fxp card in the old firewall.

If I go with another em, do I need the server version?

Regards,

Ugo