Good morning,

Saturday, we had a power outage in a closet where some of our networking and
wireless gear is housed.  This closet was also the location of one of our major
pfSense Captive portal devices.  We could not get this device back online.
When I arrived on station this morning, I restored another server and put it in
place.  Everything is up and in normal operation now, but when I looked at the
older pfSense device, I found that the interfaces where set back to factory
default settings.

The entire configuration is gone.  After we looked at some articles, it was
discovered that the OS cannot find the Symlink for the directory that houses
the config.xml.

We would like to know if there is going to be issues in upcoming versions?  If
so, would it be possible that once the config is modified, that it is not only
created in directory that gets corrupted, but also into a boot directory.  If
it cannot, we would at least to be able to access the assigned IPs.  Since this
happened on the weekend, we were all in different areas of the city and by
being able to access the interfaces would've been able to completely restore
the system with minimal downtime.

Thank you.

Dwane