I'm looking into some privacy VPN services like PublicVPN or
StrongVPN.  They offer OpenVPN based tunneling from the desktop or
from your home router.

What I'd like to do is set up a local proxy or port forward that would
route traffic over such a VPN circuit without having to route *all* of
my traffic over it.  That is, I'd like to configure firefox to use a
local proxy (either socks5 or regular proxy, what have you) that then
uses the "privacy" forwarding via one of these services.

I've already tried out using tor, and it is just way slow.

Has anyone rigged up their pfsense to have a proxy that directs all of
its traffic out via such an openvpn tunnel?