Hello,

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 03:36, Chris Buechler <cbuech...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Glenn Kelley <gl...@typo3usa.com> wrote:
>> Am I correct in assuming that CARP and BGP cannot work together - as CARP
>> pushes private ip addresses ?
>>

> CARP doesn't push private IPs, not sure what you mean by that, but it
> can work just the same as anything with public IPs. Though there are
> likely complications related to the BGP package in combination with
> CARP. Haven't tried it personally, not sure.

It works fine, you have to configure openbgpd to use the carp-address
using "local-address".
You will still have a short interruption of service until the backup
bgpd resyncs the session, but it is a lot faster than to manually
reconfigure the routers...
We have this running in prodution, feel free to contact me off-list for details.

Regards,
Aarno
--
Aarno Aukia