Tim Nelson wrote:
----- "Evgeny Yurchenko" <evg.yu...@rogers.com> wrote:
When you restart pfSense does RIP work? What MBUF usage shows? Does it

continuously grow?
Evgeny.

RIP works for a little while upon reboot, then after about 30 minutes or so,
stops. The logs say nothing of consequence other than what I've posted already.

However, upon first boot, MBUF usage is this:  426 /645  and RIP works fine.
Then, later, MBUF usage jumps up and RIP stops working. VERY odd. And, I know
there is no traffic through this box since the other 5 NICs are not connected
to anything. Only one is connected to my management network...

I've been using RIPv2 but for 'gits and shiggles' I'll try RIPv1 and see if
that makes any difference. I'm rather stumped on this one...

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.
(218)727-4332 x105
Try
ping 224.0.0.9
from pfSense when there is a problem and right after you reboot.