I did this by setting up a 2nd pfSense box on a public IP on the DMZ
interface of my primary pfSense.  The secondary one runs OpenVPN only, for
clients that need to connect across the IPSec tunnel running on the primary
pfSense.  The local network range of my IPSec tunnel is the WAN interface of
my secondary pfSense.  OpenVPN clients get an IP in whatever private range I
choose, and the secondary pfSense box handles the NATing automatically.

I'd still like to be able to route local OpenVPN clients over an IPSec
tunnel--I haven't got that working either.  Can anyone give an example with
more details of how they are successfully getting OpenVPN clients routed
over an IPSec tunnel without using a second box like this?

Thanks,
Nate