Hi folks,

I have been interconnecting several schools into one big network via a
MAN over fiber, but in the end I'm going to have a couple of schools
that I can't afford to hook up and/or just don't have the service
available. We are pushing out Windows 7 which via volume activation
requires either MAK or KMS. I would prefer to not give out MAK keys
because they inevitably get divulged either accidentally or on
purpose. I have a KMS host activated and its successfully activating
everything behind my pfsense box with no problems.

I have been following this link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd772269.aspx

Which details which ports to open, and which DNS settings are required
to find the KMS host.

Does anyone know how to use pfsense either out of the box or with an
existing reasonably stable plugin to hand out the SRV record?

So what I would like to do is config a remote school to resolve DNS
(handing out by DHCP) to the firewall, and then have the firewall
resolve against OpenDNS (to block porn and what not). But I would like
to have the firewall respond to a SRV resource record request just for
the _VLMCS service and pointed appropriately to my site back on the
back-bone.

I've looked at tinydns, but it does not have the ability to add an SRV
record type.

I could do this with a site to site vpn, and have the remote schools
using our DNS, but we don't use OpenDNS in the mother ship, so I would
need a way to block sites essentially coming from a different subnet.

Would appreciate any assistance!

Thanks...

Tim