----- "innocent mayunga" <innocent.mayu...@pccb.go.tz> wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> I have been running several tests with large downloads using DAP for
> the
> past few weeks.
> As you can see from the attached RRD Graphs generated by Pfsense i
> have
> never gone past 600 bits/s
> I am not only worried that i might not be geting my full capacity but
> also
> internally troubleshooting my LAN is made more difficult.
> The fact that i am not able to isolate if its a LAN problem or my ISP
> problem

Un-top-posting...

Not only does it look like you're not hitting 600kbps, it appears you're
hitting right about 512kbps max. Did your provider sell you on a 1mbit
connection but in reality thats 512kbps upstream/512kbps downstream? Also, can
you clarify what type of connectivity you have - cable/DSL/fractional
DS1/wireless/satellite/etc? And, what are the specs of the box you're using for
pfSense?

Your next test should be to plug into your connectivity bypassing the pfSense
box. Check your speeds. If you're seeing the same speeds, it's likely your
provider. If you're seeing better speeds, time to check your pfSense box specs,
memory, NICs, bus(PCI/PCIe), CPUs, etc. Also, you'll want to check for
duplex/speed mismatches on the WAN and LAN interfaces as they can severely
degrade performance if mismatched.

--Tim