Op 12-4-2010 17:56, Charles Goldsmith schreef:

The computer its running on is about 2 years old, a Cyrix 1ghz with

Oh noes, a Cyrix. I thought they all died in 1997.

I've seen no end of problems with those with either windows or linux.

But then again, intel chips and cheap SiS chipsets were pretty horrid in those days too.

512meg of ram.  This has been going on for a few days, and I've been

Run atleast a memtest86, a it seems there are a number of bootable cds out there with it shipping.

Perhaps we should consider a memtest86 on our LiveCDs for diagnostics. It happens enough.

Regards,

Seth