On 5/1/2010 6:18 PM, Vick Khera wrote:
> Given that running on the WRAP requires some hackery, and does not
> support the dual firmware partitions, I'm planning to replace my
> current WRAP motherboard with the new ALIX board.  I have the
> 2-ethernet, 2 miniPCI version of WRAP.  Do I need a new enclosure to
> fit the ALIX? They appear to be laid out the same, so I'm guessing
> not, but just wanted to see if anyone here knows.  I provide power
> using PoE so I'm assuming that will still work.

The ALIX boards can have a few different configurations, some of which
have USB ports, so you may need to check carefully. The enclosures are
really cheap though, it would probably be worth getting another given
the relatively small cost.

PoE should still work. You will have to change the interfaces in the
configuration when you restore it on the ALIX. The interfaces on the
WRAP are sis(4), the ALIX has vr(4).

Jim