Matias wrote:
El 01/06/10 17:14, Evgeny Yurchenko escribió:
Matias wrote:
El 01/06/10 17:00, Evgeny Yurchenko escribió:
Matias wrote:
Hi,

I've an internet connection on which my ISP provides a /29 network,
just one IP for my pfSense (1.2.1) box and on ip for their gateway.

I'd like to set up this IP as CARP and be shared with the second
pfSense box I have, but as far as I understand, in order to have this
IP address as CARP I must set up another two IPs on **the same range**
the CARP IP is.But I don't have more real IPs.

What is your recommendation in this situation?

Thanks for your help.

/29 gives you 6 usable IPs.
pfSense-1
pfSense-2
Gateway
and you can configure 3 CARPs.

Evgeny.

For additional commands, e-mail:
support-h...@pfsense.com

Sorry, it is a /30 actually.

Oh. In this case you have to get more public IPs from your provider.

For additional commands, e-mail:
support-h...@pfsense.com

Do you know if with pfSense 2.0 there will be the option to usea a CARP IP outside the interface(s) network?

To me it just does not make sense - to use IPs on WAN than can not be routed to you by Provider. What for?