On 23 June 2010 13:01, Fuchs, Martin <martin.fu...@trendchiller.com> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I already looked up the forums, but i have a problem i cannot solve on
> my own...
>
> I have two pfSenses with CARP.
>
> Internal LAN-CARP is 10.11.1.1 and external WAN-CARP let's say is
> 12.12.12.12 (gw1.bk), where pfSense_1 WAN is 12.12.12.13 (gw2.bk) and
> pfSense_2 WAN is 12.12.12.14 (gw3.bk).
>
> When I try to connect to gw1 (CARP) it does not respond... my WAN rule
> allows any on OpenVPN port incoming to WAN-subnet.
>
> I tried to set up two different OpenVPN-Address-pools on both servers
> for then using load-balancer-mode.
>
> I also tried to set up the same-Address-pool on both servers for CARP-mode.
>
> When I try to connect to gw2 (non-CARP) it works and the back-route
> works, too (pfSense_1 is CARP-master).
>
> When I try to connect to gw3 (non-CARP) it does connects and the
> back-route does NOT work (pfSense_2 ist CARP-slave), because all
> traffic is routed to
> 10.11.1.1 (LAN-CARP) which is held by pfSense_1.
>
> Any idea how I can use the WAN-CARP for OpenVPN ?
>
> Or
>
> Any idea how I can tell the LAN-CARP-master to route the pfSense_2
> OpenVPN traffic to pfSense_2 (without static routes because these
> replicate via
> CARP) ?

I asked this a while ago and got the following answer:
Works now, put local x.x.x.x in custom options, where x.x.x.x is a CARP IP. You
will have to manually configure the secondary to match the primary since the
config doesn't sync on 1.2.x.

---

Neat...
It works :-)
Thanks a lot !
Ist there a way to add more than one local ip ?

Regards,

martin