Von: Chris Buechler [mailto:cbuech...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 19. Juli 2010 23:05
An: support@pfsense.com
Betreff: Re: [pfSense Support] NAT over VPN

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Matthias Niggemeier <m...@thias.de> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> I have to configure IPSec to a customers site using pfSense 1.2.3.
Normally
>> not a big problem, but this is the first time I need to do NAT over VPN;
>> i.e. the customer gives us only one ip address for the gateway, the rest
has
>> to be natted behind this.
>> As I searched through the list, I found that this is not possible with
>> pfSense. (still true?)

> Yes. The only option, if you must use IPsec (OpenVPN can NAT no
> problem), is to add a second firewall. It can be pfSense, usually when
> we set this up we use a VM inside the network which handles the NAT,
> then the primary firewall handles the IPsec. You just can't do both on
> the same system because of the way IPsec processing functions in
> FreeBSD.

Hm, the solution with pfsense in a VM would be fine. But the routing is a
bit unclear for me.
The NAT-IP the customer gave me has to be put in the local subnet field
(single host); lets say
188.120.55.55. How would I configure the second pfsense?
My local subnet is 192.168.1.0, the customers net is, lets say 172.16.1.0.
So I would I add the route to 172.16.1.0? It has to go through the second
pfsense, but with which
target address?

Regards

Matthias