Hi,

We have setup the squid proxy for LAN users where NO direct Internet access
is allowed.

It works fine for the LAN users to access Internet / FTP through IE /
Firefox with proxy enabled.

The problem is that the LAN user cannot access any FTP server through FTP
client such as Filezilla, CuteFTP, CoreFTP, ....with proxy enabled. ( Http /
Site / User method /....)

The error from the client is that Access Denied.

Squid Log shows:

1280931420.633 0 192.168.45.164 TCP_DENIED/403 1376 CONNECT
ftp-internal.mydomain.int:21 - NONE/- text/html

As the FTP access is possible through browser and we have no access control
rules, what's the problem?

The ftp client is configured to use generic proxy HTTP1.1 CONNECT method and
Passive Mode

Thanks and Regards,

--
dpc