> people won't be using NAT in an ipv6 network, so they'll have real IPs
> which will contain their MAC addresses, making it much more likely that
> the internet at large will be able to connect to them.

I still don't follow.  NAT is not a security mechanism, and MAC addresses are
not privileged information.

If you're suggesting that more people will be connecting to the internet
without a firewall, then I beg to differ (though pfsense doesn't support v6
yet, and just blocks ipv6 by default).

Adam - While that's certainly true, in my opinion, whether an IP is known or
unknown is irrelevant to that host's security.

Best Regards,
Nathan Eisenberg