>> Also, in 2.0 we have support for nested aliases. What you can do with
>> this is pretty straightforward ofcourse. You can then update 1 specific
>> alias which is part of the parent alias.
>>
>> This should make management a lot easier, the chances of error smaller
>> and possibly the number of firewall rules smaller.
>
>In 2.0 we also have a URL table alias type that can periodically update
>its contents from a URL that has IP and IP/CIDR format entries (one per
>line).
>
>We've tried it with 40k+ entries and it works fine. You can't edit the
>lists on the box though, they only refresh via the contents of the URL.
>There was no practical way to handle editing that large of a list in the
>GUI and storing the data in the actual XML file.
>
>There is a package for 1.2.3 that imports that functionality as well.

This is exactly what I need, the Country Block package was what I wanted
but I need finer grained control, so an Alias to work with would do this.

A quick pfctl show of the Table enumerated as expected. How does one keep
an eye on this? I am confused with the update frequency versus no cron job
added msg?

Thanks guys!
jlc